Friday, November 13, 2009

Reminiscing August 2003

I recently overheard some of Kendall's friends discussing their future plans for college. Topics ranged from applications to housing plans. It was all I could do to not jump right in and tell them everything I know about college. But I held my tongue and simply said that college is awesome!

BYU-Idaho was the best. I made so many memories there and I learned not just about secular truth but also about who I am and what I was meant to do.

Yesterday, while at my mom's house I was going through some old photos and came across pics from my college days. Below is a scanned photo from the very first day that I moved into my Freshman dorm in Chapman Hall. While there, I made some wonderful friends. These are just two of them.

Photobucket

This was just before digital cameras became the norm. I used several disposable cameras that year and had the film developed at Walmart. It's funny to think that I am old enough to say that.

Today, all three of us are moms living in opposite corners of the country. It's funny to think that at that moment in time none of us knew our husbands nor our babies.

I had so many silly worries back then and as I was looking through photos I thought, "If only I knew then what I know now." Hilarious! But I find that every life stage has been that way. It is a learning process. A lesson to be discovered on your own. And that's why, with Kendall's friends, I held my tongue.

2 comments:

  1. I CANNOT believe that was over six years ago! I remember those memories like it was yesterday, and by the way, I thought of you on your birthday. We put a flag out on our lawn to celebrate you, and others.:) Loved seeing that picture again, and I wish so bad we could have a reunion! That was the most fun time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I l.o.v.e. this post. You are one wise woman. I hope I remember to hold my tongue at times when it is best for my kids to learn and experience for themselves.

    It is weird, isn't it, that our kids won't know ANYTHING about developing film at Walmart. :)

    ReplyDelete